The UniSpooler is a versatile yet easy-to-use tabletop system for respooling fiber or wire from bulk spools to take-up spools or mandrels. It was originally designed for use with fiber optic wire, but its many options allow it to be configured for tasks ranging from respooling heavy gage wire and cable to delicate coiling applications in the telecom, sensor, and medical fields. It is also ideal for respooling Kanthal and other resistance wires. A range of tension control options, spool capacities, and sizes are offered. In addition, it is extremely easy to use, small in size, and priced right for any sized operation.
Note: We now offer the VaporSpooler pre-configured for Kanthal, NiChrome and other resistance wires used in the e-cigarette and vaping industry.
Typical features and specifications include:
- A traversing wire guide head is synchronized with the motion of the take-up spool to produce even layers of material on the take-up spool
- Adjustable winding pitches are available from approximately .1mm – 15 mm (.003 – .6 inches)
- Traverse lengths from 10 – 300mm (.4 – 12 inches)
- Winding speeds from 0-300rpm
- Open or closed-loop constant tension control with ranges from 20g – 4Kg (.7oz – 8.8 lb)
- Length measurement and control with English or Metric display
- A variety of shaft sizes or chucks for holding a wide range of spool sizes and mandrels
- Most systems include Universal Spool Adapters for mounting a variety of spool sizes without additional tooling
- Extremely smooth surfaced guide wheels with bearings for delicate fibers or heavy cable
- CE-Mark option includes an interlocked safety enclosure, power reset circuit, and appropriate documentation
- 120 or 230VAC operation